Wednesday, October 30, 2013

My Mom's Birthday Tradition!

Today would have been my mom's 80th. birthday.  After she passed away, I wanted to find a way to keep her memory alive.   I would have taken her out to lunch and given her a gift if she were here to celebrate - since she's not, I have gone out to lunch and bought a keepsake every year since she has been gone.  Today, I went to my favorite antique store and out to lunch.  This is what I came home with - a red iron horseshoe.
I love it's rough look and it's symbolism.  I am not superstitious, but just to be politically correct you should always have your horshoe facing upwards so the good luck fills up not spills out!  I put it in my china cabinet with my mom's china.
This way, I will have countless treasures and memories!  Do you have any traditions that you have made up?  Any creative ways to keep a loved one's memory alive?  It's very comforting.


No comments:

Post a Comment