Friday, October 11, 2013

Fall Starburst Stick Wreath

I love the idea of a starburst wreath - love the ones with mirrors on the insides too.  I've seen many renditions of using plain old sticks to make them and thought I would make one for a Fall accent.  I started with a circle cut out of cardboard.
Next, I decided on how long I wanted the sticks to be and went out to the yard to gather them,  breaking them into similar lengths.  They obviously do not need to be the exact same size, the variety adds to the interest and is typical of a starburst anyway.  I attached them with a hot glue gun.  I used the backside of a cookie sheet to keep it stable and portable while it was drying.

I wanted some burlap flowers to go around the center and knew that Pinterest would not disappoint.  I found this one at Crafting Moms.  You can click the link to get the step-by-step directions which were easy to follow.  I then used hot glue to glue them around the middle of the wreath which also served to hide the cardboard base.
And here is the finished product!
I love the warm and cozy look of burlap and I find this wreath very charming and quaint.  Do you love burlap?  Starburst decor?  Have you combined them as well?  Please share.


No comments:

Post a Comment