Friday, October 4, 2013

Mercury Glass Vase

Another garage sale find was this mercury glass vase.  When I saw it, I scooped it up super quick!
It was also one dollar - ONE DOLLAR!  Did I mention this was a fabulous garage sale?  And to top it off, it was a benefit garage sale for adults with special needs!  Since I HAVE an adult child with special needs, this was a definite win-win for me.  I pictured it in the playroom on the shelf in the corner.  I was thinking that it needed something with height in that spot.  I then went to Hobby Lobby and picked up some fall flower stems - all of which were on sale! Now this spot is filled in perfectly.
And here's a shot from farther back in the room -
Yep - it works!  I'm planning on switching out the flowers seasonally.  I'm seeing Christmas flowers, then some wintery sparkly snowy branches, then some kind of spring mix.  I'm loving this mercury glass and am thinking of trying some of the DIY ideas all over Pinterest on some of the votives, jars, and vases I have in my collection.

How about you?  Are you loving mercury glass?  Have you tried any of the DIY ideas to make your own?  Let me know which method worked best for you!



No comments:

Post a Comment