Thursday, January 26, 2012

Buttons and More for Valentine's Day!

These are both pretty simple crafts to do.  This first one is a button wreath.  I just took a round, press board circle from Michaels - sorry, I forgot to take a picture before I started, this is the back of it, but it looks the same on both sides.  Then I painted it a soft pink color.



Next, I used hot glue and glued on some pink and white heart-shaped buttons.  I glued on the first layer, then just started adding layers until it looked full and not too much of the pink underneath was showing.  See all of the hot glue "strings"?  They pull right off though, so not a problem.


Then I just tied it with a pink yarn ribbon.  Here it is hanging on my china hutch:


Next up is a sweet and quick project even the kids can do.  I just took pink pipe cleaners and taped on scrap paper and foam hearts.  Then I put some styrofoam in the bottom of a tin heart that hangs from the Hoosier Cabinet in my kitchen and stuck them in, really quick!  They look so sweet.



I am just about done with Valentine decor here how about you?  Are you almost finished or just beginning?  Do you have any quick little projects you've whipped up lately?


No comments:

Post a Comment