Saturday, November 2, 2013

From Messy to Managed!

There are a few times of the year that I feel like organizing things.  One of them of course is in the Spring for traditional Spring Cleaning.  But, I also like organizing right before the holidays - kind of out with the old and in with the new - and also the feeling of starting fresh after the holiday decorations are boxed up and put away.  So today, I tacked this little red metal vintage cabinet in my kitchen.
Here's the mess that I started out with -- I hate that I ever let it get this bad.
I know - awful right?  So, my stategy was basically to take every single thing out - sort it - then put back only the things that I needed/wanted in this cabinet.  Here is the final result:
And the bottom half -
So much better.  I will be tweaking it a bit here and there as I go along, but it feels so much lighter.  Isn't it amazing how much better organizing a mess can make you feel?  And it doesn't even cost any money!  Even better.

How about you?  Do you just do Sping cleaning or do you have other times of the year that inspire you?





No comments:

Post a Comment