Thursday, January 19, 2012

Valentine Heart Garland

This is simple, quick, and cute - 3 of my favorite things.  All you need is assorted scrapbook papers and some yarn.   I chose 6 different papers, three dark and three light.  Cut out a heart template to use so that all of the hearts will be the same size and shape.  I just folded a piece of printer paper in half and cut half a heart shape, then unfolded it.


Next, use the template to cut out a heart shape from each paper.  Again, I just used my template in half and cut around it, I didn't want to mess with pencil marks.


Once they are all cut out, lay them out in the order you want them to be.  I wanted mine to alternate a dark and then a light colored pattern.


Use a hole punch to make holes in the top for hanging.  I put 2 holes on each side of the heart so they would hang nicely.  Then, run some pretty yarn through the holes and hang where you like.  I hung mine in front of my fireplace mantel.


Cute.  I like how big and chunky they turned out.  Have you made any heart garland yet this season?  Do you like your hearts fat and chunky or small and dainty?



No comments:

Post a Comment