Monday, October 28, 2013

House Face Lift Beginnings

I love my little brick bungalow house.  It is cozy and perfect for me.  However, I have been thinking lately of adding a little color to the exterior.  I've been thinking about it for a while actually - a long while.  I keep putting it off because I was kind of afraid of not liking the color and having to re-do it all.  That, and all the work that goes along with it.  I finally decided to take the plunge realizing that it is just paint.  Soooo, here is the garage before:
And here it is after - the color is Sherwin Williams Artifact.
I love it.  It adds depth and drama to the front of the house.  I added some painted trim around the front door as well in the same color.  Here is the before pic.
And the after:
A very productive day!  Next I want to paint the bay window and the window over the garage the same color.  I think it goes well with my red door too.  How about you?  Do you stick to neutrals for the exterior of your home or do you go for color?




No comments:

Post a Comment