Thursday, January 12, 2012

"Chair Bench"

This is what I refer to as a "chair bench".  I've seen a few on Pinterest and in magazines.  This is my version.  The three chairs used are all from my mother's aunt's dining room set.  All three were sitting in my dad's storage room collecting dust.  None of them had seats.  I asked my dad if he would cut and attach a board for the seat (you need to remove and reattach the seat brackets, they just screw on and off).  Then a piece of moulding was added to the front of the board to make it look more finished.  I then painted and distressed the board and stenciled on the pink flowers.  I love the look of it, it fits right in with my shabby chic/cottage decor.  I also like that you can see through it because I have a small house and it makes the space look more open.  For this picture, I had my son hold up a blanket behind it so that it would photograph better.  I love it a lot.  I also love pieces with family history.  Have you remade or upcycled any family heirlooms?  I would love to hear your stories.



No comments:

Post a Comment