Monday, August 19, 2013

Wire Milk Crate Turned TV Stand

In a previous post, I mentioned that I bought a VCR for the grand-kids for the playroom that I am working on.  This is a nice sized wire milk crate that has some historic family meaning for me.  It is a former Pevely Dairy milk crate and my mother, who passed away almost 6 years ago, used to work there.  I turned the milk crate on it's end and cut some wood fence boards to fit across the middle.
Then, I simply put the TV on top and the VCR in the middle - the N64 game system (yes, it's still a novelty) fits nicely on the bottom.
It sits in the corner next to the hutch redo! 

Quick, simple, and meaningful - it works for me!  A little industrial edge and a lot of charm.  I love using things in non-traditional ways - what have you upcycled lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment