Saturday, June 6, 2015

Shabby Chic Table Set

I recently picked up a wooden table and chair set.  It was pretty beat up and not very pretty, so I felt compelled to rescue it!  Here are some sad "before" pictures:



Then, I discovered 2 metal bistro chairs to complete the look!  I couldn't pass them up and knew they would look great when redone and would be a unique addition to this set.  Here is their "before" picture:
I started by sanding down the table top and applying a dark stain and several coats of satin polycrylic. Then I painted the legs white and distressed them.
 The dark paint from the original color came through beautifully!  Then I painted the bench a deep grey color and distressed both the seat and the legs:
The two wooden chairs received a coat of deep grey as well, were lightly distressed and I added a white flower detail to the backs for interest.

Finally, I spray painted the metal bistro chairs the same deep grey color and recovered the seats with new fabric in a grey and white pattern - much better!
And here is the completed set, ready to go to it's new owner.  Priced to sell at $350 - let me know if you are interested.  Local pickups only at this time.
I love when a project turns out exactly as I pictured it in my head!  What have you been working on lately?

1 comment: