Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Interesting Wooden Box Turned Spice Rack

I went junking the other day and I found this very unique wooden box.  It has an odd shape and random holes drilled in it.  But . . . it had character, so I grabbed it up.

So, I don't know about you, but when I find something unique I think in my head that I don't know where this is going to go, but I know it will have a place some where.  Sometimes it might take me a few days to find the right spot for it.  I have been known to take an item and literally walk around my house with it trying it here and there until the right spot just kind of happens.  I finally decided that the little spot right above my stove was the perfect spot for a little "shelf" to keep my spices in.  When I took my little wooden box into the kitchen and tried it in that spot, it just seemed to fit.

So, now my spices are handy and the little wooden box has found a home.  I'm not sure what it's original purpose was, but it works great as a spice rack!  Do you walk around YOUR house looking for the perfect spot for something?


No comments:

Post a Comment