Monday, January 7, 2013

Sugar Scrub & Decorated Jar

If you are a Pinterest fan as so many are, you know how many millions of sugar scrub recipies there are out there.  Well, they make great gifts and I have made a few myself.  This year I made brown sugar vanilla scrub courtesy of Home Made Ginger.  To make it you simply gather and mix together the following ingredients as per her site. 

Equal parts brown sugar and white sugar (ends up being about 1/4 cup each for a 6 oz. jar)
Fill to the top with olive oil (cover the sugars and then maybe an extra 1/2 inch)
Add about 1-2 Tbs of vanilla extract for some yummy flavor.
You could also add essential oils, but that is a little pricier.

Of course, after you have made your sugar scrub, it is always nice to gift it in a fun jar.  Mason jars are great for this, but if you do not have any at hand, any clean jar will do.  I chose a nice sized jar and painted the lid first with primer and then with glossy black spray paint.  I then decorated the top with a cute pink button and some twine, added a tag that I had in my stash and it turned out very sweet.

There was even a tablespoon or so leftover for me!  If you haven't tried one of the sugar scrubs, you definitely should.  Once you do, you will be hooked for sure.  They make your hands super soft and since most of them are scented, that is a nice bonus as well.  I hate having dry hands in the winter and this feels SO pampering.  Make some today, you will thank me later!

How about you?  Have you tried any of the many sugar scrub recipies?  Which one is your favorite?  How about containers, any unusual ones?  I'd love to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment