Monday, January 14, 2013

Old Chippy Window Score!

I found a couple of chunky, chippy, old windows by the curb and had to have them.  I love them.  I have a short little wall in my dining room between my living room and hall that was perfect for them.  Here is what the wall looked like originally.
It was empty and boring.  I have known that I wanted to do SOMEthing for quite a while, but I was waiting for the RIGHT something, ya know?  Well, the windows were definitely IT!  I filled them with photos of my grand-kids mostly.



The number "554" in the top left of the left window represents my 5 children, 5 grand-children and 4 great-grand-children.  The little heart in the bottom right says "family" - both are made from book pages which I also love.

I already have big plans for the bottom half of the wall.  Here's a hint - it involves big chunky wood and chicken wire!  Stay tuned.
Have you fallen in love with old windows?


No comments:

Post a Comment