Saturday, January 5, 2013

You Are My Sunshine Canvas

A fun and easy project for yourself or to give as a gift, is to use a simple canvas and add your favorite sayings.  I  chose "you are my sunshine" to make for my grand-daughter as a sentimental Christmas gift.  My mother, who passed away a little over 5 years ago, used to sing me this song to me when I was a little girl.  I now sing it to my grand-daughter as a way of connecting her to her great-great-grandma who she doesn't remember.

I started by choosing the colors I wanted to use.  I decided on pink and grey with a yellow sun.  Next, I measured to find the exact middle and then painted the grey on using two coats of craft paint.  I used painter's tape to get a crisp line.  After it was completely dry, I painted on the pink using the same technique.  Next, I free-handed the yellow sun on top.  I bought some silver sparkly letters at Michaels and, using a ruler to keep my lines straight, simply stuck them on the canvas.

A cute and sentimental gift for a cute little girl!
Have you worked with canvas?  Are you a fan of "you are my sunshine" art?  I think it turned out so sweet, I might just make one for myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment