Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Before and After - nightstand

A project I did recently was for my youngest daughter's bedroom.  I say youngest, but she is 19 going on 20 so she's not a kid any more.  She just moved into the coveted "basement room".  This one bedroom is the only part of my basement that is finished.  She found the nightstand curbside and brought it home.  I took off the dated drawer pulls and painted the entire thing with Behr Black Suede.  It took 2 coats.  Then I added some much nicer nickel drawer pulls and now it fits right in with her pink, black, and gray room.



Much improved I think.  Do you rescue things from the curb too or is it just me?  Have you found any thing good lately?  Now is a great time of the year to keep your eyes open because people are throwing out the old to make room for the new.  So grab up those old and ugly cast offs and make something fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment