Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Small Start to Organization

I don't know if you are like me - but January is when I get inspired to get organized and do some cleaning and purging!  The problem for me is always getting started though.  Sometimes, if I start with something real small, it is like dominoes and gets me moving onto bigger and better things.  So ... I started with this little area next to my sofa where I keep random things that I "need".  It started out looking like this:
Not really awful, but not organized AT. ALL.  So, I pulled out a little wooden cigar box that I had.  It is small, but has lots of character.  I love the writing on the sides of it.


And now that little trouble spot looks like this:
Much better.  Now I think I need to tackle those chords in the back!  One little thing can get me started on the next thing and so on and so on.  How about you?  Do you need to start with something little or do you just dive right in to the big stuff?  Any fun boxes, baskets, or organizational tools?



No comments:

Post a Comment