Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Tool Box Makeover

I love my old wooden tool box, but I felt like it was a little washed out.  I showed you first in this post.
I decided to move it in front of my fireplace and the old weathered pallet board that I have in front of my fireplace is white and the white tool box just kind of washed both pieces out.  So, I decided to paint it a distressed olive which is a color I love and use frequently throughout my home.  I started out by painting it a darker shade of green.
I wanted to give it depth and contrast.  Next, I painted it olive and distressed it a little bit.  I added some pink flowers and now it looks really cute in front of my fireplace.  I need to get a few more flowers though, it needs to be a little fuller.  But, it's definitely working better for me now.

Love it.  Old wooden tool boxes are so popular in blog land and on Pinterest.  Do you have an old tool box?  If so, how do you use it?  Where do you use it?



No comments:

Post a Comment