Saturday, August 10, 2013

Vintage Teacup Votive

I found the sweetest teacup at the thrift store marked down to 99 cents!  I knew just where to use it too.  I decided to hang it with some twine from an old shutter and place a battery operated votive candle inside.  It is a small thing, but it makes me smile when I see it.
Here is a side view showing all the vintage red detail that I love about it:
I have it sitting on a small scrap piece of lace.  Here it is with the votive lit - it really looks quaint at night!
I've seen these all over Pinterest and knew I had to have one!  I have considered getting some washi tape to put around the votive but I am undecided.  What do you think - washi tape or leave white?  Do you have any hanging teacups at your house?  What do you have in them?



No comments:

Post a Comment