Saturday, October 27, 2012

Burlap Fall Banner

My mantel needed some extra "Fall", so I made a banner.  I used burlap triangles clipped on to some yellow string with clothes pins.  I then embellished it with both silk and scrap paper leaves.  I also used coordinating scrap paper cut into squares and wrote the words "fall" and "blessings" with marker.  I ran across a paperback book of Charlie Brown's "The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown".  Some of the pages were missing so it was not going to be an option to keep for the grandkids, so I cut out the page with Linus waiting in the pumpkin patch and clothes pin clipped it on along with an excerpt from the book:



"Each year on Halloween night, the Great Pumpkin rises out of the pumpkin patch that he thinks is the most sincere and flies through the air with his pack of toys for all the good little children in the world."

Planning to post soon about the bundt pan wreath as well.  Have you made any Fall banners?  Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment