Friday, June 14, 2013

Garden Updates!

Been working on some little garden details lately.  First, I had a nice garden spade.  I really liked it because it had a nice point to it.  Notice I said HAD - it broke last year.  I am such a dork that I didn't want to throw it away because it WAS such a nice spade.  I figured I'd figure out a way to upcycle it eventually.  Well, that day has come.  I turned it into a little garden inspiration.  Here is the before picture:
I like the saying "bloom where you are planted".  It's a life lesson that also applies to my little garden.  So, I took a white paint pen and  viola!
Then looked for the perfect spot to tuck it into the landscape:
Here's a closer look:
Something unexpected for our guests.  I think it turned out nicely.  Have you used any garden tools in unexpected ways in your garden?  Please share.




No comments:

Post a Comment