Thursday, March 27, 2014

Small, Ornate Turquoise Memo Board

Another great picture frame find at my local thrift store.  You can pick these up for 50 cents up to $2.00 and just let your imagination go crazy.  Here is the before picture:
The frame has a goldish hue and I immediately thought of doing a turquoise dry brush finish on it to give it a rustic, almost verdigris feel to it.  So I just took a tiny dab of turquoise craft paint and wiped it off on a paper towel to get most of the paint off and dry brushed right onto the frame.
Next, I used my staple gun to attach some chicken wire to the back of the frame.
And then, of course it needed an embellished clothes pin to finish it off!
This turned out exactly as I imagined in my head!  I love it when that happens!  Don't you??



No comments:

Post a Comment