Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Upcycled Picture Frame

Here is a little project that I made for my grandson using an old picture frame that I found collecting dust in my basement.  I cleaned up the frame and painted it.  Then I added some coordinating scrap book paper for the background.  I painted the frame two colors (orange and baby blue).  Next, I wanted to add a colored binder clip so that either a photo or a drawing that my grandson made could be inserted.  The clip allows the photo or doodle to be changed out often and easily.

 I used an orange paint pen to write his name across the bottom.  I then printed out a little circle describing the frame's purpose.  Here is a close up of the clip and note:
 I presented this to my daughter to celebrate the adoption of her little boy who is a real cutie.

This is a quick and easy gift for birthdays, adoptions, a new baby, or for yourself!  It was fun to make as well.  




No comments:

Post a Comment