Saturday, June 8, 2013

Playroom in Progress!

I have 5 children and currently only one of them still lives at home.  She has a cute little pink and grey girly room in the basement.  I say that like she's little - she'll be 21 in June, lol.  When my youngest son moved out last year, I knew that I would want to do something different with his old room.  Since I have several grand-children, the most fun thing to do would be to make it into a playroom, right?  So, you have to begin somewhere and even though it's a very long list of things to get done in that room, progress is finally being made.  Here is how it started:

There was a damaged wall in my son's room where a layer of brick was showing.  Since it added a rustic charm to his room, I left it.  But now it will have to go.  So will the blue.  There was also the letter "A" on the wall which I had made with cd's to symbolize his name ("Andrew") and his love of music.
So, a trip to Ace Hardware was in order to get some patching plaster!

So, patched up the wall and sanded it down.
Decided on a color scheme of orange, teal, lime and brown and started painting.
I painted an old antique iron headboard teal to lean against the wall behind the bed to add some charm.
It pops against the orange wall!
And then added a lime green shelf and the beginnings of the lime bedding and orange print curtains.
And an orange window on the brown wall to pull in the orange on that side of the room.

This is just the rough beginnings of the update of this room.  There will be more to come soon.  So many ideas and not enough time, lol.  I will share as I go along.  Sometimes it's best just to begin, right?  How about you - do you have a project that has to be done in bits and pieces?  Please share!








No comments:

Post a Comment