Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Curbside Playroom Hutch/Storage

A while back, I mentioned that I found a small hutch out on the curb at the same time that I found the large hutch that I used in my Craft Room post.  It fits on top of a small night stand (also out on the curb).  Here is how the night stand started out:
It has slight water damage on the bottom/sides but is not at all noticeable from the front.  Here is a top view:
It was missing some drawer pulls too.  I decided to paint the nightstand a teal color and keep the upper hutch part white.  It is worn in some places, but I like the character that it adds, so I left it as is.  I may go back and further distress it, I am undecided on that part.  Here is the finished product:
Here is a closer view of the hutch:
And the night stand - I bought new knobs for it from Hobby Lobby and Ace Hardware.  I love the white porcelain faux keyhole in the top drawer and all of the detail on the sides and around the drawers.  The drawers hold all of the old VHS tapes that have been sitting around collecting dust.  Now the grandkids will have easy access to their movies but they will be neatly stored out of sight.  I found a nice VCR at a thrift store and have turned an old wire milk crate into a media stand - details coming soon.
Now I need to decorate the shelves!  Not bad for FREE (or mostly, not counting the new knobs).  Have you found any good curb side finds lately?  Please share.





No comments:

Post a Comment