Monday, July 29, 2013

The Beginnings of a Crafting Area!

When I say "beginnings" - that is the absolute truth!  Of course, when you see the "before" pictures you will better be able to appreciate that beginning is better than nothing.  Here is the mess I started with:

I know, it's pretty awful!  I've just been collecting things and stashing them randomly and it got really out of hand really fast, lol.  I have been crushing on all the beautiful craft rooms on Pinterest (you can visit my board to see all of the lovely spaces).  I know that having an unfinished basement will make it difficult and expensive to have spaces as wonderful as some of those, BUT I think I can at least improve on what I have - which wouldn't be too hard given the mess I started with, lol.

So, I started with a curbside find of this cottage shabby hutch top and knew that I wanted to use it to organize my craft supplies.  There is a smaller hutch too which I am going to use in the play room - more on that in another post.  I put it up on top of a couple of small shelves and then put a shabby white slatted board on top to be the base (which was another curbside find).  Then I dug through all my containers and started filling it up. 

SO much better.  I still want to put some labels on things and further organize this space, but you have to start somewhere, right?  Here is the space to the right -
Above this space is a large mirror which I am using as kind of a room divider between this space and the rest of the basement.
Above the space is a rusty plant hanger with pink prisms hanging from it for some shabby bling!
It still has a long way to go before I call it "done", but I feel much more inspired to continue to organize it.  Plus it has prompted some organization in other parts in the basement as well.  I will share more as things as they get done!  Do you have a designated crafting area?  Where did you get your inspiration?  Any good storage ideas?





No comments:

Post a Comment