Saturday, May 17, 2014

Mason Jar Wall Hanging

I love mason jars and wanted to try one of the many ideas Pinterest had to offer.  I started with a piece of scrap fence board and then dry-brush painted it with both a little bit of gray and pink.
Next, I purchased a hose clamp which I used to attach to the wood board.  I clamped it on the jar first and then marked the center of the back of it with marker so that I would know where to nail it.  Then, I simply reattached the jar.  This makes sure that the decorative screw embellishment will be in the center of your jar. 
I printed off the word "inspire" on my computer and then used a black paint pen to write it on the board.  Then I distressed the entire board.
I finally had to choose what to put in the bottom of the jar to hold the candle steady.  I thought about using sand or pebbles but liked the idea of using buttons - here is how it turned out:
Sweet.  What would you choose to fill the jar?




No comments:

Post a Comment