Saturday, August 6, 2016

Hexagon End Table/Dog Bed

I have seen a lot of hexagon end tables that people have turned into stylish dog beds.  I had been keeping my eye out for a table to use to try my hand at it.  The thrift stores were a bust because they were all $30-$40 to start with.  I was on my way to the grocery store one day and sitting out in the trash behind a building was just the table I wanted.  I almost passed it up because I was in a hurry and it was raining but I pulled over and managed to get it into my car - it was heavier than it looked!   When I finally got it home, I took the doors off to use for another project, I filled in the holes with wood putty and started sanding.  This is what it looked like when I started in on it -




I painted the inside in a light grey that I had on hand and the outside in Pottery Barn's "Peppercorn" which is a rich grey.  I bought a nice, fluffy pet bed to put inside and viola!


It turned out exactly as I had it pictured in my head!  It sold within the hour!  Some lucky pup is snuggling in style now.  SO much nicer than a typical dog crate and useful as an end table to boot.  I call that a win-win!

No comments:

Post a Comment