Friday, November 15, 2013

Rice Neck Warmers

It's starting to get a little cold here and my daughter has a birthday coming up, so I decided to make some rice neck warmers.  I've been wanting to do this for a while now - like LAST year, lol.  Anyway, I researched Pinterest for some ideas and just chose bits and pieces of the ideas that seemed best for me.  I started out with a rectangle of scrap fabric.
I didn't really measure per se, just kind of wrapped it around my neck and guessed - it doesn't have to be exact or be any certain size.  Again, what works best for you.  Then I folded the rectangle in half and sewed two and half sides, leaving an opening at one of the short ends for filling.
Then I gathered my supplies.  I used white, long grain rice along with some cinnamon and cloves.  I used a 5 pound bag of rice, 2 Tablespoons of cinnamon and 1 teaspoon of ground cloves.  Mix this in a bowl. 
This made just short of two neck warmers for me.  Next, use a funnel and pour into the open end of your fabric.  Fill it about half way.  You want it to have enough space inside to conform to your neck and shoulders and not be too hard.  We are ultimately going for warm and comfy!  Then, that's it - just pop it in the microwave for 1.5 to 3 minutes, grab something warm to drink, and snuggle in.  It's a simple project that gets a lot of ooohs and aaahhs - plus it smells delicious!

Do you love neck warmers as much as I do?  Do you prefer the spicy ones like me or the lavender scented ones? 



1 comment:

  1. Your music is amazing. You have some very talented artists. I wish you the best of success.
    neck warmer

    ReplyDelete