Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A Couple of Shabby Projects

First up is an old tool box that I painted and distressed and filled with flowers.  I like to change out the flowers to match the season or the holiday.  It started out like this:


After some painting and distressing with fall flowers:


Here's a close up:


To go along with this, I wanted to make something to cover my fireplace when it was not in use.  I just didn't like the idea of a big, black hole staring at me every day.  I used pallets to make a shabby board which I also painted white and distressed.  I intend to hang different wreaths on the front of it which will also coordinate with seasons and holidays.





Sorry, this wreath is not finished yet, I just wanted to get a feel for the size I needed.  I'll be showing you different views of it throughout the year.

How about you?  If you have an old tool box, what do you use it for?  I've seen a lot of different uses for them.  And, if you have a fireplace, do you leave it open all year, fill it with candles or other decor, or find something decorative to cover the hole?





2 comments: