Thursday, March 6, 2014

Chippy Window/Chalk Board

I found several chippy old windows curbside and decided to make one of them into a chalk board.  Here is how it started out:
The windows were already white-washed, so painting them with chalk board paint was an easy choice.
Next, I added a few embellishments, like a painted clothes pin, mod podged with some cute scrap book paper.
Add a pink scrap book paper heart and clip it to the handle on the window -
Then I decided to make  a book-page butterfly to add some whimsy.  I got the idea from Pinterest on this website.  The instructions were not in English, but seemed self explanatory.  I started with 3 book pages, folded.  Then I traced a butterfly shape and cut it out.
Wrapped some twine around the middle a couple of times and tied a knot at the top and left a little bit sticking out for the antenna.
Attached it to the top of the window by wrapping some wire around the latch -
I put an upside down drawer pull at the bottom to hold the chalk.
I added some eye hooks at the top and a wire to hang it and here is the finished product - perfect for a memo board!
Do you love old windows too?  Have you done anything fun with them?








No comments:

Post a Comment