Monday, March 24, 2014

Red Memo Board

While on a Goodwill run, I found this ugly picture - but I liked the wood frame and it's overall shape.  I almost never see the actual pictures in a frame when I am at a thrift store, I only see what it COULD be with a little bit of TLC.  Here she is in her "before" state:
I thought she would make a fantastic memo board with a little paint and some chicken wire!  So, I started by painting it a barn red color.
Then I distressed it to give it more of a worn look.

Then I added some fun clothes pins that I painted and then glued cute buttons on the end, along with some scrap paper hearts.
Here's a close up of the clothes pins/hearts:

So, there you have it - what started off as an ugly picture in a frame turned into a charming and useful memo board!  Do you see frames and not pictures when you go to a thrift store too?



No comments:

Post a Comment