Monday, January 23, 2012

A Few More Valentine Crafts

Here are a few more simple Valentine crafts I've been working on:

This could NOT be more simple - just pick up some inexpensive chipboard letters, paint them pink, and add silver glitter using Mod Podge.  I then sealed it with a clear sealer to keep the glitter from flaking off.  So cute against the turquoise bowl.


Next, I found this little "tree/topiary" craft on Pinterest:


You can find the tutorial for it here

I followed the directions except that I used a flower on top instead of a heart.  I got the flower at Hobby Lobby in the scrap book section.  Here is how it looks sitting on my dining room table.  I draped vintage hankies over the backs of my chairs and also used one as a doily under the grapevine wreath to add to the overall feel of the room:


I love using vintage finds in decorating and these hankies are perfect.  Do you have any vintage hankies?  How do you incorporate them into your decor?










1 comment:

  1. I like your hankie idea, if you need vintage Valentine hankies you can find them here: http://www.nanaluluslinensandhandkerchiefs.com/Christmas_Valentine_Fall_Seasonal_Handkerchiefs_Hankies_s/1931.htm
    and lots more hankie decorating ideas here: http://www.nanaluluslinensandhandkerchiefs.com/Articles.asp?ID=257

    ReplyDelete